Today, organisations throughout Europe use Cherryleaf’s technical writing, recruitment and content strategy services to avoid high support costs and missed sales.
Our team develops clear information that enables your users and staff to complete tasks productively.
Our vision and values
Our vision and values can be summed up as:
- Content is there for a purpose. It should add value to your business, by enabling your users and staff to complete tasks productively.
- User Assistance is changing. As well as the tried and tested deliverables, there are now exciting new ways to assist your users and staff. It’s something we discuss on the Cherryleaf Blog for Technical Authors & Content Strategists.
- Taking a vendor-neutral view means we can offer the best solution for your situation.
- Offering a range of services means we can still help even when organisations decide to do it themselves. That’s why we provide technical writing, training, recruitment and content strategy services.
Recognition from our peersIf you're working in the technical communication profession, you may have seen Cherryleaf's regular contributions to the Society for Technical Communication's (STC) Notebook blog or to the Institute of Scientific and Technical Communicator's InfoPlus newsletter.
You might have attended one of the webinars we've presented for Adobe, Madcap Software or the STC, or seen us speak at conferences.
We also have close links to the key software vendors. For example:
- Adobe has commissioned Cherryleaf to write a series of whitepapers on trends in technical communication.
- Madcap Software has arranged for us to speak at their MadWorld conference in San Diego.
- Atlassian asked us to participate in one of the documentation sprints for its Confluence wiki software.
Our books, "How to write instructions" and "Trends in Technical Communication - Rethinking online Help" are available on Amazon. "So you want to be a Technical Author" and "Getting started as a freelance Technical Writer" ebooks are available directly from this site.
About youThe people and organisations we work with include:
- Fast growing software, medical equipment and other technology companies needing to create technical, user, compliance or training documentation.
- Managers responsible for policies, procedures and compliance needing to create clear and simple information that works.
- HR Professionals responsible for recruiting permanent or contract Technical Authors, Technical Writers, Documentation Managers, or people for other writing and courseware development roles.
- Professional Technical Communicators looking for a partner whom they can call on when they need someone to write documentation, or require training and consultancy to improve their own skills.
Case Studies and Testimonials
About Cherryleaf and our services
Cherryleaf provides writing, training, recruitment and content strategy services.
Deliverables can include: user guides, online Help, Web pages, video screencasts, animated tutorials, training courseware, wikis, quick reference cards and other ways to assist your users.
What’s in a name?
How did we come up with the name Cherryleaf? Sorry, there’s no exciting back story. It came from brainstorming for a .com address that people could remember and spell. The logo is the silhouette of a cherry on a stylised leaf, and it was created for us by Dominic Negus Design Consultants. We share our name with a former ship of the Royal Fleet Auxiliary and a coffee house in Norwich (that serves very nice cakes).
Most people describe us as technical communicators, but you could also call us information designers, content strategists, technical authors, courseware developers or technical writers.
Cherryleaf’s owners are actively involved in the business.
Ellis is Sales and Marketing Director at Cherryleaf. He has been working in the field of documentation since the early 1990s. He also has a BA in Business Studies and is an Associate of the Institution of Engineering and Technology. Ranked the most the influential blogger on technical communication in Europe, Ellis is a specialist in the field of creating knowledge users will love.
Ellis is an accomplished speaker on topics such as the future trends for user assistance and the ROI of Help.
Ginny has a background as a skilled trainer and information designer, and is responsible for the development of Cherryleaf’s training courses. In addition to her skills in information design, she has over twenty years experience in teaching and training throughout the world.
Ginny also has extensive project management skills and has considerable experience using the main technical authoring tools. Ginny is fluent in Spanish, has an MSc (in Information Systems), a BA (in Spanish Studies) and an RSA TEFL (teaching English as a foreign language) certificate. She is Cherryleaf’s representative to the Institute of Scientific and Technical Communicators (ISTC).
Carol Johnston MA (Cantab)
Sadly, Carol Johnston, one of Cherryleaf’s original founders, passed away on 22 January 2012. Please see the eulogy on our blog.
News and Articles
See our published articles page.
See our Articles page. Please note, most articles are now published on our Blog.
Conference presentations and webinars
See our Events and webinars pages.
Registered in England 4575705
VAT Number 803 2288 54
Got a question? Just want to say hello?