We have a revised job description for vacancy #4124 Lead Technical Author, City of London, to £50K DOE
Our client develops Web-based financial trading software for the world’s largest financial institutions. They have an immediate vacancy for a Lead Technical Author with a passion for technical communication.
Reporting to the Product Development Manager, you’ll be working on developing the documentation for new and existing products.
The goal is to enable developers to go from knowing nothing to being able to get started very quickly. This will include you evaluating what information is required by different users, information design, documentation methods and the authoring tools.
You will work with the Engineering team to produce technical and API documentation. You’ll be working closely with other departments, in an Agile environment. Your role will be to write the end-user documentation as well as design the information. You’ll also be creating short screencasts.
You need to have experience of writing technical documentation from scratch, and you need to be able to demonstrate you have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and outstanding attention to detail.
You will have:
- experience of producing technical software documentation for developers, including product and system overviews, API reference manuals, configuration reference guides, and programming “how to” guides
- familiarity with Agile development approaches
- an interest in the financial markets
- an understanding of Object-orientated programming interfaces
- familiarity with an API documentation tool (such as JSDoc Toolkit, JavaDoc and Doxygen)
- some knowledge of either Java, C, C# or C++
- have a good technical degree (or equivalent)
- experience of using a Help Authoring Tool (ideally Help & Manual version 4) to create Web-based content
The products are used in an HTML5 framework, and the client will work with you to develop your understanding of these technologies.
The salary offered will depend on your qualifications, capabilities and experience. The company offers attractive benefits, such as pension, gym membership, life cover, income protection, private healthcare, additional holiday purchase scheme and an interest-free train season ticket loan.
The company is growing rapidly, and it has a friendly and casual dress work environment.
To apply – email your CV to us.