Cherryleaf’s Ellis Pratt will be speaking at the Write2Users Conference 2017 , which is being held 1-3 November at Copenhagen Zoo.
“The mission is to give attendees new skills for their day-to-day work with technical documentation and translation. You will learn about process optimization, new methodologies and new technologies. All delivered by industry experts, in-house specialists and practitioners from Scandinavia and abroad.”
Ellis will be speaking on “Agile in an Authoring World”.
The technical communication Venn diagram laptop stickers we created have been very popular. We’ve ordered more of them, and we’ve created some new designs. The new stickers have quotations from some of the people we’ve interviewed on the Cherryleaf podcast.
The stickers should arrive by the end of the month. Like before, we’ll post them off to anyone based in Europe who wants them.
We explore these questions from listeners:
- What’s your opinion of Zendesk and Mindtouch? Someone in our company thinks it might be a good idea to explore the idea of moving our Help content – have you heard of anyone doing this and then using it in a way of single sourcing etc?
- Our boss wants us to consider the idea of merging our Help content and our “Knowledge base” which is like articles/support troubleshooting etc. Whether this is our content going into the knowledge base or vice versa, we’re not sure in terms of direction. Do you have any opinions on merging article-based content like this into a Help Authoring tool or Help content into a “normal” website like that?
Cherryleaf’s Ellis Pratt has been included in the list of the 25 most influential people in Content Experience.
“With well over 1,700 individual nominations and votes, we created two separate lists this year: the best-of-the-best who influence an industry (voted on by an elite judging panel), and our top strategists implementing Content Experience across the entire customer journey.
What do we mean by ‘Content Experience?’
This role is not defined or exclusively owned by Product, Marketing, Sales, Support, or Success. Content Experience often lives in different departments depending on organizational structure, or as an independent vertical that manages all content produced by relevant departments.
Content Experience is the evolution of content strategy blending with technical communication. It’s an understanding that your content provides self-service experiences not only for your customers, but for potential prospects researching and/or buying your product as well.”
Thanks to MindTouch and the panel of judges. Congratulations everyone else on this list.
My article for tekom’s Intelligent Information blog on Artificial Intelligence and chatbots in technical communication has now been published. It is also available as a PDF on the Cherryleaf website.
Subscribers to Cherryleaf’s online courses can now take them using their iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, plus the Teachable iOS app.
Here’s how you can download the iOS app:
- Visit the Apple App Store on your compatible IOS device (requires iOS 9.3 or later).
- In the App Store, search for, “Teachable Online Courses”.
- Click the cloud icon to download the app on your device.
- After downloading, open the app.
- On the login screen, enter the email address and password associated with the student account you’d like to access. This is the same email address and password you use to log into our courses through the web browser on your computer.
- When you log in, you’ll see all the Cherryleaf school you’re account is associated with, along with the specific courses you’re enrolled in.