We will be presenting “Planning user documentation when you are a startup business” at the Technical Communication UK conference in September.
We’ll look at how to plan a user documentation project when you’re working for a startup technology company. Working in this environment gives you the opportunity to work “from a clean sheet,” but it also has its own challenges of working in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
We’ll look at the issues around planning user documentation and the additional considerations when you are a startup. Your budget may be limited and the product or service in development may be constantly changing, so how should you work in this situation? What should you be developing, and what is the value of user documentation for a startup?
We will cover:
- What is different about working for a startup
- Lean startup strategies
- The value of user documentation for a startup and why should you provide it
- How to document in this environment
- What you should document
- What you should measure?
- What to do when budgets are limited
- What to do when there is no clear audience
For more information, see Technical Communication UK conference.