It might seem like we’ve been quiet recently, but that’s partly because we’ve been working on an academic project that we hope to be announcing towards the end of the year.
As a spin-off from this project, we’re developing new training courses in technical communication. These courses are at a more advanced level than our basic/intermediate courses, and they include more references to academic research.
If you are considering any on-site training for your technical communications team, we can now offer these topics:
- What is technical communication?
- The business case for technical communication
- History of technical writing standards
- Usability and user centred design
- Project planning and its effect on writing documentation
- Researching and scoping documentation
- Information design and content organisation
- Writing the topics – overview
- Presenting different types of information
- Index, search and metadata
- Single sourcing and reusing content
- Post writing
- Researching technical communication – where to go
- Establishing standards
- Governance and maintenance
- What skills does a technical communicator need?
- Content strategy and technical communication
- Trends in technical communication
- Visual design
- Publishing and delivering information
- Managing the documentation project
- Metrics/Evaluating documents
We may develop online courses for some of these topics in the future as well.