You need clear, consistent policies in order to run a successful business. Are yours working for you? If not, Cherryleaf can help you.
We write and update policies and procedures, turning them into easy to understand and manageable information for your audience.
Writing policies and procedures: The most common issues, and how to fix them
Below is the recording of our webinar “Writing policies and procedures: The most common issues, and how to fix them”. The webinar lasts 39 minutes.
Some of the main problems we hear from organisations are:
- Your time is tied up with “people issues”, which means you don’t have time any more to deal with managing the business.
- Word documents get passed around by email with little certainty as to what is the correct and latest version.
- Important policy and procedure documents aren’t read because staff find them long, complicated and unclear.
- Processes can get created, communicated and discussed via email, in a way that often resembles a game of “pass the parcel” or Chinese whispers.
- Important information gets lost when staff leave or change jobs.
- In other situations, detailed processes can stagnate and die.
Well written, easy to understand policies and procedures enable you to:
- Repeat past successes on a consistent basis, preempt potential disasters and stop relying on just one person to get something done.
- Minimise the learning curve for people moving to new teams and projects.
- Enable new starters to get up to speed with your business as soon as possible.
- Save time by not having to rework content that is published in more than one place.
Cherryleaf provides you with a flexible writing resource – when and where you need it
Cherryleaf’s can help you provide clear and simple policies and procedures information information your users will love.
You’ve found the people who wrote the book on writing instructions – “How to write instructions”is available on Amazon.
We enable you to communicate clearly and simply, often spotting information that can be re-used and shared elsewhere:
- You can call upon our team of professional business writers who can capture critical (but missing) information and improve existing content.
- Your badly written, incomprehensible documents can be turned into well crafted, easy to read and understand.
You have the freedom to deliver these in many different ways, such as: paper guides, online Help, Web pages, screencasts, elearning, ebooks or traditional training courseware.
- Developing content for Confluence and other business wikis
- Developing procedures for a rapidly expanding company
- Case Study: Samaritans procedures clarified and put online
- How to Improve Healthcare Data Quality Through Policy and Procedure Management
- Business, email and report writing online e-learning training course
- Copywriting e-course
- Grammar to Go
Got a question? Contact us if you would like to know more about how we can help you. Please complete the fields in the contact form below.