Do you suffer from any of these five business communication issues?
- The lack of policies and procedures means managers’ time is tied up with people issues, instead of managing the business.
- Word documents get passed around by email with little certainty as to what is the correct and latest version.
- Policies and procedure documents aren’t read, because staff find them long, complicated and unclear.
- Important information gets lost when staff leave or change jobs.
- Content is left to stagnate and become out of date.
Cherryleaf writes and updates policies and procedures, turning them into easy to understand and manageable information for your audience.
“For Samaritans volunteers, having the information available on the intranet rather than in a manual in their branches, means they can find out what they need to know at any time; the search facility and page style ensures that information can be located and read quickly and easily. For prison staff, this is the first time they will be able to see all of the Samaritans guidelines for running the Listener scheme; this will help to further develop their understanding of the scheme and will support them in facilitating the operation of the scheme in their prison. Samaritans is delighted with the result of the project.”
Cherryleaf ‘s policies and procedures writing services
You can call upon Cherryleaf’s team of professional business writers to both capture missing (but critical) information and improve existing content.
One source, many audiences
A single sourcing and topic-based authoring approach gives you the flexibility to adapt the content to best suit your users. For content online, you can provide different navigation routes and a more personalised experience, to suit different audiences. For example: auditors, senior managers and new staff.
You can use Cherryleaf to help you create:
- A holistic content plan that covers what content is needed where, what deliverables will be provided, and the purpose of each deliverable:
- How different deliverables integrate with each other.
- What content can be shared across deliverables.
- The different navigation routes for the content.
- The categories for different navigation routes.
- Which tools to use.
You can use Cherryleaf to create the content. This can include:
- Writing the content:
- A glossary of terms
- Information based on roles and responsibilities
- Developing the deliverables (for example: on paper and online).
- Creating a simple set of standards for voice and tone, formatting etc.
- Importing existing content.
- Training your contributors and writers in creating content and using the tools.
Based in the United Kingdom and serving the world
Being based in the UK means we’re ideally placed to work with European companies. For clients outside of Europe, for example in the USA and the Middle East, we communicate using video conferencing, email and telephone. The working process remains essentially the same.
Sustaining successCherryleaf's projects team establishes long term relationships with many of our customers. Alternatively, Cherryleaf's training courses offer you the option, at the end of the project, of developing the skills to maintain the project in-house. If you want to recruitment someone on a permanent basis, Cherryleaf can help with that as well.
Policies and procedures writing case studies
- Developing procedures for a rapidly expanding company
- Case Study: Samaritans procedures clarified and put online
- How to Improve Healthcare Data Quality Through Policy and Procedure Management
- Cutting and pasting content into Word documents – Is there a better way?
For an example of our polices and procedures writing, please contact us.