Cherryleaf creates policies and procedures that are easy to understand and manageable for your audience
Do you suffer from any of these issues?
- The lack of policies and procedures means too much of managers’ time is tied up with people issues.
- Word documents get passed around by email. People are not sure which one is the most up-to-date version.
- Policies and procedure documents aren’t read. Staff find them long, complicated and unclear.
- Important information gets lost when people leave or change jobs.
- Content is left to stagnate and become out of date.
Cherryleaf’s policies and procedures writers capture missing information and improve existing content.
- Creating an easy to use Listener Guide for the Samaritans and the Prison Service
- Developing procedures for a rapidly expanding company
- Case Study: Samaritans procedures clarified and put online
We start by listening
We want to identify the different audiences, and build an information model for the content. A CEO will need a top down view of the organisation. A manager will need to know which activities they are responsible for. A staff member will need to know how to do something correctly.
We establish the relationships between policies
In many cases, someone completing a task will also need to consider health and safety, equality, and IT security policies. They don’t want to have four manuals open at the same time. So we also need to identify content that should be embedded inside other topics.
Cherryleaf ‘s policies and procedures writing services
Use Cherryleaf to capture missing information, and improve existing content.
Use Cherryleaf to create the content. This can include:
- Writing the content:
- Procedures (work instructions and tasks)
- A terminology database
- Information based on roles and responsibilities
- Training courseware
- Developing the deliverables (for example: on paper and online).
- Creating a simple set of standards for voice and tone, formatting etc.
- Importing existing content
- Training your contributors and writers, in creating content and using the tools
Use Cherryleaf to help you create:
- A holistic content plan.
- What content is needed
- Where it is needed
- What deliverables will be provided
- The purpose of each deliverable
- How different deliverables integrate with each other
- What content can be shared across pages
- The different navigation routes for the content and users
- Which tools to use
- For static documents
- For living documents that can be updated in an instant
Useful information on writing policies and procedures
- Do I need to write a new policy? decision making guide
- How to Improve Healthcare Data Quality Through Policy and Procedure Management
- Cutting and pasting content into Word documents – Is there a better way?
Subscribe to our Communicating in Business newsletter
Our new Communicating in Business newsletter contains advice and information on developing policies and procedures, reports, marketing copy, and presenting data.
To subscribe, enter your name and email address in the form below:
Don’t worry, your details won’t be shared with anyone, and you can un-subscribe at any time.
Need help in developing your policies and procedures?
Complete the contact form below. Don’t worry if you don’t know the answers to all of the questions.
We will contact you to discuss your situation and requirements.
You can always phone or email us, if you prefer.