Cherryleaf creates policies and procedures that are easy to understand and find
Do you suffer from any of these issues?
- Managers spend too much time tied up with people issues.
- No one reads the policies and procedures, even when they should. That’s because staff find them long, complicated or unclear.
- Policies and procedures documents get passed around by email. People are not sure which one is the most up-to-date version.
- Important information gets lost when people leave or change jobs.
- Content is left to stagnate. It gets out of date.
Cherryleaf’s policies and procedures writers capture missing information and improve existing content.
Policy and Procedures examples
Planning for Brexit
No one yet knows what precise impact Brexit will have on how UK businesses operate. You can take steps today to ensure you’ll be able to change your policies and procedures documents quickly and easily. You can also start work on providing information that is easy for staff to understand and find. You can use Cherryleaf to help you do this.
We can also help you make sure it’s clear who is responsible for each step in the process.
We start by listening
We identify the different audiences, and build an information model for the content. A CEO will need a top down view of the organisation. A manager will need to know which activities they are responsible for. A staff member will need to know how to do something correctly.
We establish the relationships between policies
People often need to make sure they comply with health and safety, equality, and IT security policies when they are following a procedure. They don’t want to have lots of different manuals or web pages open at the same time.
We can identify and embed related content inside a procedure.
Cherryleaf ‘s policies and procedures writing services
You can use Cherryleaf to capture missing information, and improve existing content.
Use Cherryleaf to create the content. This can include:
- Writing the content:
- Procedures (work instructions and tasks)
- A terminology database
- Information based on roles and responsibilities
- Training courseware
- Publishing the content (for example: on paper and online).
- Creating a simple set of writing standards, or a style guide.
- Reusing or updating existing content
- Training your contributors and writers, in creating content and using the tools
Use Cherryleaf to help you create:
- A content plan
- What content is needed
- Where it is needed
- What deliverables will be provided
- The purpose of each deliverable
- How different pages relate to each other
- What content can be shared across pages
- How different types of users can find the information they need
- Which writing and publishing tools to use
Useful information on writing policies and procedures
- Do I need to write a new policy? decision making guide
- How to Improve Healthcare Data Quality Through Policy and Procedure Management
- Cutting and pasting content into Word documents – Is there a better way?
Subscribe to our Communicating in Business newsletter
Our new Communicating in Business newsletter contains advice and information on developing policies and procedures, reports, marketing copy, and presenting data.
To subscribe, enter your name and email address in the form below:
Don’t worry, your details won’t be shared with anyone, and you can un-subscribe at any time.
Need help in developing your policies and procedures?
Complete the contact form below. Don’t worry if you don’t know the answers to all of the questions.
We will contact you to discuss your situation and requirements.
You can always phone or email us, if you prefer.