Our client is one of the largest, most successful and innovative software companies in the world, and it is looking for someone to manage its team of technical authors, content strategists, editors, illustrators and other content creators.
You need to lead and develop their vision of the role of User Assistance and content. This means treating content as a function of design (and user experience), with the appropriate information provided to users at all points during the customer journey. To gain an understanding of this approach, see our blog posts:
Your role will be discover and incorporate the best ideas and practices from other leaders in content creation into your team. This will involve networking, some travel, as well as testing these strategies by speaking about them at conferences and writing articles.
As a manager, you need to lead and mentor your team, and ensure projects deliver the best deliverables possible within the timescales.
You are currently likely to be:
- a content strategy manager (media manager/editor) with experience of developing user assistance for software, or
- a documentation/technical publications manager with experience of content strategy.
The skills and experience you need to have include:
- A track record in managing documentation (or other types of content development) teams. Media and publishing managers are welcome to apply.
- A strong background in working in a software development environment. Ideally, you will have an excellent understanding of cloud computing, virtualization or computer networking.
- A understanding of software product design.
- Experience of using content marketing software tools.
You can work from either from their offices in Buckinghamshire or Cambridgeshire, with the option of working part of the week from home.