This is vacancy is via our mainland Europe partner (although the job is in London).
The client is one of the largest marketing communications companies in the world, providing a range of services including: advertising; public relations and public affairs; branding and identity; retail marketing; healthcare communications; direct, digital, promotion and relationship marketing.
They are looking to hire a proven and creative digital editor-in-chief for one of its work in the energy sector. The content encompasses the full content lifecycle, from strategy to creative and production.
The key responsibilities are:
- Setting and maintaining the editorial vision, tone-of-voice and direction for our client’s content offer, including development of content themes.
- Managing a team of editors and content creators, and collaborating with senior level clients.
- Chairing the weekly editorial and review meetings.
- Managing the weekly content approval process.
- Forming an overall content plan and calendar with client and other stakeholder input.
- Determining how best to achieve clients’ goals through content curation and commission.
- Planning and creating a range of content from how-to videos to large scale hero pieces.
- Overseeing 3rd-party partnerships with content providers.
- Increasing the clients’ knowledge around the business value of content.
- Consulting with a senior stakeholder group about opportunities and planning needed to achieve their short and long-term objectives.
- Measuring the success of content and optimising the planning and generating process.
Skills and experience required
The ideal candidate has an established track record of innovation as a digital editor, reporter or visual journalist. This person also has knowledge of home-related topics such as interior design and green energy innovations.
You should understand how content travels through the Social Web and have an active appreciation of both visual storytelling and experimentation in communicating information to an audience.
As well as having a strong content background and being an experienced editor, you must have excellent management skills.
You must be an EU citizen or hold a regular work permit for the UK.
In addition, they require:
- Good understanding of 360 degree marketing communication.
- Sound understanding of how Content Management Systems can be used.
- Experienced with principles of SEO and analytics.
- 10+ years’ working experience leading editorial projects, preferably in a digital environment.
- Experience in directing small teams of people across multiple projects.
Our client provides a great range of benefits. Some are contractual, some are company policy, and others are subsidised or negotiated. They also offer a flexible working environment and the opportunity to work with a dynamic team, plus leading-edge resources and technology.