Our client is looking for a Technical Author to join its development team. You’ll be joining fast-growing technology company, creating technical documentation. This includes installation and user guides, Administrator guides, API guides, Knowledge Base articles, release notes and online Help. You will be joining an exciting technology start-up with some exciting prospects for your career.
You’ll working with a senior Technical Author and the related teams in other departments.
They would consider someone in the early stages of their technical writing career.
You must have:
- A degree
- The ability to understand complex technical information and explaining it clearly and effectively.
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to produce screenshots, flowcharts and diagrams
- Familiarity with HTML. Knowledge of and/or experience with XML and CSS would be an advantage.
- Ability to work to the deadlines
- Experience in creating and managing documents
Ideally, you will have:
- Previous experience as a Technical Author in a software development environment.
- Experience with industry-standard authoring tool such as Madcap Flare.
In addition to the salary, there are generous benefits, including a share option scheme, medical insurance, life insurance and 25 days annual leave. They also operate a flexible working hours policy.