This is an opportunity to join a technical writing team within a fast-growing, independent software company. Our client develops Web-based financial trading software for the world’s largest financial institutions. They have an immediate vacancy for a Technical Author with a passion for technical communication.
You will developing end-user documentation for a range of products, producing user manuals, online Help and API documentation.
You’ll be working closely with other departments, in an Agile environment. Your role will be to write the end-user documentation as well as design the information, and you’ll be working with a Senior Technical Author.
You need to have experience of writing technical documentation from scratch, and you need to be able to demonstrate you have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and outstanding attention to detail.
You will have:
- 5+ years of experience as a Technical Author
- experience of writing technical documentation from scratch
- experience of using a Help Authoring Tool (ideally Help & Manual version 4)
- experience of producing Web-based content
- familiarity with Agile development approaches
- working knowledge of at least one of Java, C, C#, C++
- an understanding of Web application development tools and methods: HTML, DOM, CSS
The salary offered will depend on your qualifications, capabilities and experience. The company offers attractive benefits, such as pension, gym membership, life cover, income protection, private healthcare, additional holiday purchase scheme and an interest-free train season ticket loan.
The company is growing rapidly, and it has a friendly and casual dress work environment.