One of the most successful software companies in Cambridge is looking to recruit a Technical Author to join its team. The company has grown rapidly over recent years, based on a philosophy of hiring great people, providing an enjoyable working culture and environment, and building great products.
You’ll be working as part of a project team, helping to develop software applications that are simple to use. You’ll be responsible for customer-facing documentation and the quality assurance of the application itself. The Technical Authors are responsible for all of the words – any text in the user interface, the product documentation, Help topics and articles.
You must have excellent writing skills and the ability to understand technical concepts and learn new technologies quickly. You must also have experience of and a genuine interest in a variety of software and Web applications.
Ideally, you will have:
- Technical authoring experience in an IT environment, including GUI documentation
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Working knowledge of a programming language
- Knowledge of database and .NET technologies
- Experience of documenting Cloud or SaaS applications
- Experience in writing, editing, publishing, teaching or training.