Our client is looking for a Senior Technical Author to join its Information Development team.
You’ll be creating online Help and guides for an Enterprise archiving product, at a large international information intelligence software company, with the opportunity to be involved in new products as they are developed. You’ll be working in a worldwide International Development team run from the UK, developing projects in an Agile environment. In addition to writing, you will also have the opportunity to take part in usability reviews.
- Graduate with at least five years’ experience as a Technical Author developing documentation for System Administrators
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Understanding of topic-oriented writing and structured authoring
- Familiarity with the process of localizing documentation
Ideally, you will have experience or knowledge of documenting Windows Server-based software relating to messaging and file management (such as Exchange and SharePoint). The Technical Authors use an XML authoring tool and a Content Management System, so it would be useful if you had experience of working with these types of applications.
Our client would consider candidates at the earlier stages of their career as a Technical Author/Information Developer, with a view to developing their skills and experience over time. In this situation, the salary would be adjusted to reflect this level.
In addition to the basic salary, there is an annual bonus (depending on company and individual performance) and pension scheme.