Our client, based south of Leeds, is the leading supplier of document management software to the NHS, and it has plans to grow within the UK and internationally. It is looking to recruit a Lead Technical Author.
This is a great opportunity to lead their documentation and video strategy, along with the opportunities that result from working for a growing business.
You be required to:
- Plan, report and manage the documentation projects
- Specify and maintain the company’s documentation quality standards
- Write easy to understand content (text and multimedia) for the end users, using Madcap Flare and Adobe Captivate.
Your skills and experience:
- You should be qualified to degree level (or hold a professional equivalent such as ISTC certificate).
- You have at least 4 years experience in a software production environment
- You have at least 2 years experience leading or managing software Technical Authoring projects (in a Lead Author or Manager role)
- You must be able to understand complex technical concepts and document them in a way that non-technical people can understand
- You must be able to create suitable images and diagrams
- You are comfortable using a single source content authoring system
- You are willing to learn new technologies