Looking for a job in technical communication?
Our specialist recruitment service offers permanent and contract positions in technical writing, training, API documentation, copywriting, developing training courseware and publishing content online.
We focus on job roles such as: Technical Authors, Technical Writers, Online Help developers, Web content developers, Training Courseware Developers, Content Curators, Content Strategists, Content Wranglers, Editors, Publications Managers and Copywriters.
Registering as a candidate
- Send us a copy of your cv via email. We will need a copy of your CV in Word format.
- We will confirm we’ve received your details and keep you updated with details on any new vacancies that come in.
- We can only act on your requirements in the covering letter, so be sure you put down all the relevant information (such as where you can work).
- Your CV should include at least: Personal Details, Nationality, Education and Training, Employment History, Skills and Leisure Interests.
- Start the filename of your CV with your name.
- We will not change your CV, other than to remove contact details and add our logo, before sending it out to prospective employers. Your CV will tell them a lot about how good a writer you are. This means that your CV should be as good as you can make it.
- You need to be eligible to work in the client’s country – we cannot sponsor work visas.
- Your CV is your first chance to demonstrate your writing skills. You must be clear and concise. Don’t forget to check your CV thoroughly. Look out for any typographical, spelling and grammatical errors.
- Limit your CV to two or three sides of A4 paper, if you can.
Writing your covering note
The covering email should contain information for Cherryleaf about your preferences, e.g. location and salary . We also need to know that, for contract work, you can prove your freelance status. We will not send your covering letter to a prospective employer unless with your express permission.
Thinking about becoming a technical author?
See our guide: So you want to become a technical author