- Specialist training courses for Technical Authors, Technical Writers, Documentation Managers and Content Strategists
- General business writing training courses
Our classroom and online training courses have been developed for technical communicators, content strategists and business professionals who want to communicate more effectively. They help you improve your writing, project planning and content development skills.
“Thank you very much for an interesting and thought-provoking course.
The content and themes are very relevant to Citrix Technical Publications as we regularly look at trends and how we can respond and innovate.The way in which customers consume our content is changing, as are the different expectations customers have regarding user assistance and support.
Your course provided further insight and ideas regarding how to review and adapt to ensure content is relevant and appealing to our customers.”
Amanda Lindsay, Citrix.
Training courses and workshops for Technical Authors, Technical Writers, Documenation Managers and Content Strategists
Classroom and elearning training courses in technical writing:
- Cherryleaf’s Technical Author/Technical Writing online training course
- Advanced technical writing techniques
Training courses in managing and planning technical documentation projects:
- Planning and managing documentation projects – classroom training course
- Embedded Help writing strategies – classroom training course
- Single sourcing and content reuse – online training course
Classroom courses in software tools:
Classroom and elearning training courses in DITA:
Training courses in content strategy:
Graduate level training modules in technical communication
Cherryleaf can also offer more academically-orientated training in technical communication for your writers, managers or anyone else involved in technical communication. The current list of topics are:
- What is technical communication?
- The business case for technical communication
- History of technical writing standards
- Usability and user centred design
- Project planning and its effect on writing documentation
- Researching and scoping documentation
- Information design and content organisation
- Writing the topics
- Presenting different types of information
- Index, search and metadata
- Single sourcing and reusing content
- Post writing
- Researching technical communication – where to go
- Establishing standards
- Governance and maintenance
- What skills does a technical communicator need?
- Content strategy and technical communication
- Trends in technical communication
- Visual design
- Publishing and delivering information
- Managing the documentation project
- Metrics/Evaluating documents
Business writing training courses
Writing policies and procedures
If you’re involved in creating business-related content, our courses in writing policies and procedures will give you the skills you need.
Train your staff in how to create clear and effective policies and procedures information. You can arrange for an on-site training course that focuses on your situation.
Report Writing course
This practical, one-day course is for anyone needing to create or compile reports. It covers the key principles of effective report writing, making task as straightforward as possible. You will learn tools and techniques that can improve the quality and reduce the time needed to produce your reports.
This special report answers the key questions people have when considering a career as a Technical Author.
This guide answers the key questions people have when considering a freelance career as a Technical Author.
Our Course Administration page provides details on requirements and terms and conditions.