Discover how to create clear and effective policies and procedures.
Cherryleaf’s policies and procedures course teaches your staff how to write clear and effective policies and procedures, in a straightforward and efficient way.
Contact us for the date of our next public course, which will be held at our training centre in central London (SW7).
Who is this for?
This course is for anyone involved in writing or editing policies and procedures, and who is:
- Having to deal with policies and procedures that overlap, repeat or contradict each other
- Dissatisfied with the performance of their policies and procedures
- Having trouble getting colleagues to understand the differences between policies, processes and procedures
- Having trouble convincing others of the value of policies and procedures
- Wanting to create better, more effective, documents
What will I learn?
- How to write clearly, even if writing doesn’t come naturally
- Confidence in the work you produce
- The principles and best practices for effective policies and procedures
- A simple framework to use for ensuring a consistent approach to your writing
- Benefits of policies and procedures.
What do we mean by a policy, procedure and guideline?
- What is meant by a policy, a procedure a guideline? What would you expect to see in each of these and what not to see.
- What are the characteristics of good policies/procedures?
Researching the product and audience
- Who is our audience? In what situation will they be reading this? What exactly do they need to know?
- How do we meet the needs of more than one audience (such as staff and auditors)?
- Outlining and planning the document.
- How to structure and organise the content to assist users in finding what they are looking for.
- Writing the table of contents.
- Navigation flows and filtering content for multiple audiences.
Writing the topics
- Writing a policy and a procedure.
- Using plain English – what do we mean by this? Description and examples of plain English.
How to present different types of information
- Page layout and how this can help users find what they are looking for.
- The importance of steps in a procedure.
- Steps involved in reviewing a document.
- Which are the best mediums for publishing procedures?
Contact for the date of our next public course, which will be held at our training centre in central London (SW7).
Places are limited to a maximum of 10 delegates.
The cost of the course is £335 ex VAT per delegate.
WANT TO PAY IN US $, EUROS OR ANOTHER CURRENCY?
Your credit card company will pay us in £ and convert that amount to your local currency. This means the converted amount appears in your local currency on your credit card bill.
As a rough guide to how much you’ll pay ex VAT in your local currency, you’ll find the current rates from Yahoo Finance below:
503.54 USD / 475.40 EUR
The ordering system is secure and safe, via Sage Pay.
Your Credit Card Statement will show an entry entitled “Cherryleaf”.
Cherryleaf has many years experience in writing and editing policies and procedures documents for clients such as Affidea, Almabani, Clearscore, NHS, Samaritans, and a number of rapidly growing software companies. We also have many years experience of teaching writing skills to technical writers and other staff within organisations.
This course is also available as an onsite classroom course for teams, with the option of modifying it to suit your requirements.