Discover how to create clear and effective policies and procedures.
Cherryleaf’s policies and procedures course teaches your staff how to write clear and effective policies and procedures, in a straightforward and efficient way. It is popular with staff from charities and the NHS, although it will benefit many writers of policies and procedures.
Register your interest in our next public classroom course. This will be held in central London (WC2R)
Comments from delegates
Who is this for?
This course is for anyone involved in writing or editing policies and procedures, and who is:
- Having to deal with policies and procedures that overlap, repeat or contradict each other
- Dissatisfied with the performance of their policies and procedures
- Having trouble getting colleagues to understand the differences between policies, processes and procedures
- Having trouble convincing others of the value of policies and procedures
- Wanting to write clearer policies and procedures
What will I learn?
- How to write clearly, even if writing doesn’t come naturally
- Confidence in the work you produce
- A simple framework to use for ensuring a consistent approach to your writing
- Benefits of policies and procedures.
What do we mean by a policy, procedure and process?
- What is meant by a policy, a procedure and a process? What would you expect to see in each of these and what not to see.
- What are the characteristics of good policies/procedures?
Researching the product and audience
- Who is our audience? In what situation will they be reading this? What exactly do they need to know?
- How do we meet the needs of more than one audience (such as staff and auditors)?
- Outlining and planning the document.
- How to structure and organise the content to assist users in finding what they are looking for.
Writing the topics
- Using plain English – what do we mean by this? Description and examples of plain English.
How to present different types of information
- Page layout and how this can help users find what they are looking for.
- The importance of steps in a procedure.
- Steps involved in reviewing a document.
- What are the best ways to publish your content?
Register your interest
Register your interest in our next public classroom course. This will be held in central London (WC2R).
- The classroom courses start at 9.30am and end around 4.00pm-4.30pm.
- Places are limited to a maximum of 8 delegates.
- The cost of the course is £335 ex VAT per delegate.
Cherryleaf has many years experience in writing and editing policies and procedures documents for clients such as Affidea, Almabani, Clearscore, NHS, Samaritans, and a number of rapidly growing software companies. We also have many years experience of teaching writing skills to technical writers and other staff within organisations.
Based outside of the UK?
Private, single company, courses are also available - delivered live over the Web from our studio, or at your premises.
Contact Cherryleaf for more details.
Onsite courses and workshops
We can provide this course as an onsite classroom course for teams.
We also offer a policies and procedures writing workshop. In this workshop, you can learn more advanced techniques for writing large sets of policies and procedures.
Contact us for more information
Use our training services contact form to tell us more.
If you can’t see the course you want, we may still be able to meet your needs.