Discover how to create clear and effective policies and procedures
Cherryleaf’s policies and procedures course teaches your staff how to write clear and effective policies and procedures, in a straightforward and efficient way.
It is popular with staff from the private sector, public bodies, charities, housing associations, and the care sector.The next public classroom course will be held in early May , in central London (WC2R).
To book you place on a course, click on the “Book and Pay by Card” button near the bottom of this page.
Comments from delegates
Who is this for?
This course is for anyone involved in writing or editing policies and procedures, and who is:
- Having to deal with policies and procedures that overlap, repeat or contradict each other
- Dissatisfied with the performance of their policies and procedures
- Having trouble getting colleagues to understand the differences between policies, processes and procedures
- Having trouble convincing others of the value of policies and procedures
- Wanting to write clearer policies and procedures
What will I learn?
- How to write clearly, even if writing doesn’t come naturally
- Confidence in the work you produce
- A simple framework to use for ensuring a consistent approach to your writing
- Benefits of policies and procedures.
What do we mean by a policy, procedure and process?
- What is meant by a policy, a procedure and a process? What would you expect to see in each of these and what not to see.
- What are the characteristics of good policies/procedures?
Researching the product and audience
- Who is our audience? In what situation will they be reading this? What exactly do they need to know?
- How do we meet the needs of more than one audience (such as staff and auditors)?
- Outlining and planning the document.
- How to structure and organise the content to assist users in finding what they are looking for.
Writing the topics
- Using plain English – what do we mean by this? Description and examples of plain English.
How to present different types of information
- Page layout and how this can help users find what they are looking for.
- The importance of steps in a procedure.
- Steps involved in reviewing a document.
- What are the best ways to publish your content?
How to book
- The classroom courses start at 9.30am and end around 4.00pm-4.30pm.
- Places are limited to a maximum of 8 delegates.
- The cost of the course is £335 ex VAT per delegate.
To pay, click on the “Book and Pay by Card” button below:
Payment is secure and safe, through Stripe. Your Credit Card Statement will show an entry entitled “CHERRYLEAF TRAINING”.
As an additional option related to the course, we can take one of your procedures or processes, and improve it by applying the techniques covered in the course. The cost is typically £200-£400 ex VAT, depending on the length of the procedure. Send us a copy of the procedure by email, and we will send you a quotation for you to consider.
Based outside of the UK?
Contact Cherryleaf for more details.
Onsite courses and workshops
We can provide this course as an onsite classroom course for teams.
We also offer a policies and procedures writing workshop. In this workshop, you can learn more advanced techniques for writing large sets of policies and procedures.
Contact us for more information
Use our training services contact form to tell us more.
If you can’t see the course you want, we may still be able to meet your needs.