Coming soon – How to create clear and effective policies and procedures
This course will train your staff in how to create clear and effective policies and procedures information.
The course can be modified so it suits your requirements
This course was originally developed to train NHS staff in how to write and organise non-clinical policy, process and procedures documents in a clear and simple way.
We’re currently updating the course so it can suit more general requirements.
We can also provide advanced training courses in writing procedures.
This course can be customised so it suits your requirements.
- Benefits of policies and procedures.
What do we mean by a policy, procedure and guideline?
- What is meant by a policy, a procedure a guideline? What would you expect to see in each of these and what not to see.
- What are the characteristics of good policies/procedures?
Researching the product and audience
- Who is our audience? In what situation will they be reading this? What exactly do they need to know?
- How do we meet the needs of more than one audience (such as staff and auditors)?
- Outlining and planning the document.
- How to structure and organise the content to assist users in finding what they are looking for.
- Writing the table of contents.
- Navigation flows and filtering content for multiple audiences.
Writing the topics
- Writing a policy and a procedure.
- Using plain English – what do we mean by this? Description and examples of plain English.
How to present different types of information
- Page layout and how this can help users find what they are looking for.
- The importance of steps in a procedure.
Conforming to standards
- Writing documents that confirm to external standards (and might be audited).
- How to write documents that meet more than one external standard.
- Steps involved in reviewing a document.
- Which are the best mediums for publishing procedures?
Managing and maintaining
- Content reuse and single sourcing.
- Governance, maintenance and ownership of procedures.
Contact us for more information