Free content – articles, whitepapers and presentations on technical communication and content strategy
The Cherryleaf Podcast is a podcast on creating clearer and simpler information, technical writing, technical communication, and related topics. You can ask your question to the podcast team. We’ll see if we can feature it in a future episode of our podcast.
You’ll find the the show notes for each episode at cherryleaf.podbean.com
Subscribe now so that you don’t miss out on anything:
We conduct short surveys into most important issues organisations face with regard to technical communication. Most should take about three to four minutes to complete.
We’ll be sharing our findings on the Cherryleaf blog and Cherryleaf podcast. Any information will be anonymised, and we won’t be publishing individual responses.
To view the open and past surveys, see:Cherryleaf surveys
Free laptop stickers
You’ll find copies of Ellis’ slides on SlideShare
Free video guide
Videos and recordings of past webinars
- Cherryleaf YouTube channel
- The Lean User Guide – Applying Lean Principles in User Assistance (Hosted by Madcap Software)
- Affective Writing: Turning Technical Documentation into an Emotional Experience for the User (Hosted by Madcap Software)
Reports, quizzes and guides
- Do I need a Technical Author? decision making guide
- Do I need DITA? decision making guide
- Do I need to write a new policy? decision making guide
- Quiz – Test your knowledge of technical writing
- ROI on Technical Documentation and Single Sourcing calculators
Archived website articles
- Guide to chatbots in technical communication
- The changing nature of content (voice and tone)
- “If you’re not telling your story, someone else will do it for you” (Social Media and technical communication)
- The changing nature of content (whitepaper commissioned by Adobe)
- Towards an Agile authoring methodology (whitepaper commissioned by Adobe)
- “A Technical Communication User’s Hierarchy of Needs.” Intercom, January 2016
- Can we quit QWERTY?, Communicator, Autumn 2015.
- “The Emotion Factor in User Manuals: How to Use Affective Assistance to Create More Loyal Customers” Intercom Dec 2010/Jan 2011, and Communicator Winter 2010/11
- “What Every Business can learn from a Haynes Manual” STC Devil Mountain Views (East Bay Chapter of STC); November/December 2010
- “A Different Perspective on Measuring the Value of Technical Communication” Intercom; July/August 2009
- “How We Work with Technical Communicators” Technically Write (STC Lonestar Community); December 2008
- “The Death of the Technical Author?” Dateline Houston; January/February 2005
- “Help formats” The Communicator; Winter 2004
- “RoboHelp vs WebWorks” The Communicator; Spring 2004
- “Implementing single sourcing” The Communicator; Summer 2003
- “Single Sourcing” STC Forward; March 2003
- “Nine Trends in online user assistance” tekom newsletter; November 2003
- “Understanding single sourcing” The Communicator; Spring 2003
Want to discuss your situation, and explore how Cherryleaf can help you? You can tell us about your project, issues and goals. We’re here to help.