Free content – articles, whitepapers and presentations on technical communication and content strategy
The Cherryleaf Podcast – on creating clearer and simpler information, technical writing, technical communication, and related topics.
Free laptop stickers
If you contact us, and you live in Europe, we will post some free laptop stickers out to you.
Cherryleaf 2017 European technical communicators survey results
Free video guide
- The changing nature of content (voice and tone)
- “If you’re not telling your story, someone else will do it for you” (Social Media and technical communication)
- The changing nature of content (whitepaper commissioned by Adobe)
- Towards an Agile authoring methodology (whitepaper commissioned by Adobe)
- “A Technical Communication User’s Hierarchy of Needs.” Intercom, January 2016
- Can we quit QWERTY?, Communicator, Autumn 2015.
- “The Emotion Factor in User Manuals: How to Use Affective Assistance to Create More Loyal Customers” Intercom Dec 2010/Jan 2011, and Communicator Winter 2010/11
- “What Every Business can learn from a Haynes Manual” STC Devil Mountain Views (East Bay Chapter of STC); November/December 2010
- “A Different Perspective on Measuring the Value of Technical Communication” Intercom; July/August 2009
- “How We Work with Technical Communicators” Technically Write (STC Lonestar Community); December 2008
- “The Death of the Technical Author?” Dateline Houston; January/February 2005
- “Help formats” The Communicator; Winter 2004
- “RoboHelp vs WebWorks” The Communicator; Spring 2004
- “Implementing single sourcing” The Communicator; Summer 2003
- “Single Sourcing” STC Forward; March 2003
- “Nine Trends in online user assistance” tekom newsletter; November 2003
- “Understanding single sourcing” The Communicator; Spring 2003
Videos and recordings of past webinars
- Cherryleaf YouTube channel
- The Lean User Guide – Applying Lean Principles in User Assistance (Hosted by Madcap Software)
- Affective Writing: Turning Technical Documentation into an Emotional Experience for the User (Hosted by Madcap Software)
Reports, quizzes and guides
- Do I need a Technical Author? decision making guide
- Do I need DITA? decision making guide
- Do I need to write a new policy? decision making guide
- Quiz – Test your knowledge of technical writing
- ROI on Technical Documentation and Single Sourcing calculators
Want to discuss your situation, and explore how Cherryleaf could help you? It's easy to contact us.
Here's the contact form.