Microsoft has released a update to Windows 10, and it contains some new features that might be useful for Technical Authors.
- Make a piece of content permanently available on the clipboard, by using the Pin feature.
- Synchronise your clipboards (and their content) to different devices. This enables you to copy text from one PC to another.
- Use the new timeline feature to see a history of what you’ve copied before.
- Copy text, HTML and images (if they are less than 1MB in size).
3D models in Word
You can embed 3D animations into your Word documents.
New screen capture app
The Snipping Tool is going to be replaced by the Snip & Sketch app, which you can download from the Microsoft Store.
- Microsoft is adding new shortcuts. Win Key + Shift + S will launch a new screenshot toolbar for snipping a screenshot and copying it to the clipboard.
- You can annotate the screenshot.
- A new Action Centre button.
- You can map the Print Screen key on your keyboard to launch the Snip & Sketch app.