This client provides a range of software and services for the mining sector, and it looking for a Technical Author to join the company. They have offices around the world, including one in the centre of Bristol, where there is a small and friendly team.
You’ll be working on a range of interesting products relating to data transfer, geo-statistics, 2D and 3D modelling, scheduling, surveying and reporting.
- Maintaining single-sourced Help content for a range of products
- Following and managing the company’s style guide and templates
- Being responsible for the standards relating to user documentation
- Maintaining the knowledge base (working with other contributors)
- Maintaining the start page content inside the application, which highlights new features
- Maintaining the release notes (explaining any changes the user might see)
- Planning future documentation
- Creating images that instruct and engage
- Managing source control and overnight builds of Help files (via Team Foundation Server and Git)
See Vacancies – Technical Author and similar jobs for the full job description.