Discover how to create clear and effective reports for an organisation. Cherryleaf’s writing reports course teaches your staff how to write clear and effective reports, in a straightforward and efficient way.
Who should attend this course?
This course is for anyone involved in communicating their ideas, information or recommendations to others in reports, and who is:
- Dissatisfied with the performance of their reports
- Spending too much time on creating reports
- Wanting to create better and more effective reports
What will I learn?
- How to write clearly, even if writing doesn’t come naturally
- Confidence in the work you produce
- A simple framework to use for ensuring a consistent approach to your writing
- How to save time and write in an efficient way
This course is currently offered as an classroom course for teams, with the option of modifying it to suit your requirements.
- Why do we need to create reports?
- Types of reports and their intended aims
- What are the characteristics of good reports?
- How report writing differs from how we’re taught to write at school
- Writing to persuade v. writing to inform
Researching the audience
- Who is our audience?
- In what situation will they be reading this?
- What exactly do they need to know?
- What is the necessary content and the less-important information
- How do we meet the needs of more than one audience?
- Establishing the purpose and scope of our document
- Outlining and planning the document
- Getting started
- Deciding what to include or leave out of your document
- How to structure and organise the content in a logical and coherent order
- Knowing where to place the most important information, so you focus your readers’ attention on those details
- Reusing content
- Managing terminology
Writing the sections
- How to present different types of information
- Using plain English – what do we mean by this? Description and examples of plain English
- Getting to the point and being concise
- Grammar basics
- Writing a summary
- Collaborative, team-based, writing
How to present different types of information
- Page layout and how this can help users find what they are looking for
How much does it cost?
Prices depend on the number of delegates you want trained, and your location.
Cherryleaf has many years experience in writing and editing technical and business documents for clients such as Affidea, Almabani, Clearscore, NHS, Samaritans, and a number of rapidly growing software companies. We also have many years experience of teaching writing skills to technical writers and other staff within organisations.
Based outside of the UK?
Private, single company, courses are also available - delivered live over the Web from our studio, or at your premises.
Contact Cherryleaf for more details.
Contact us for more information
If you'd like more information about Cherryleaf's training courses, including options for courses for groups in a single organisation, contact us.
Here is our Training services contact form.
If you can’t see the course you want, we may still be able to meet your needs.