Cherryleaf helps you avoid wasted time and effort, and get the maximum value from the content you create
We’ll be curious – we want to understand what’s happening. For example, it might be taking you too long
You’ll own the choice of which action to take. You won’t be judged or instructed. You’ll also get independent advice from our experts in technical communication. That’s because, we want you to be motivated to follow through on any suggestions for change.
Cherryleaf’s content design and strategy services
Cherryleaf can help you with:
Needs analysis and defining the Statement of Requirements
Not certain what you need? We’ll work with you to define your requirements, establish metrics, and determine the ROI.
Audit and Review
Discover where your weaknesses lie. Let’s review and test your existing content. The review can be carried out through facilitated workshops, with your team members involved in this activity.
The activities can be:
- Content inventory
- Audience analysis
- Who is your audience, and what do they want?
- Customer Journey mapping
- Reviewing your existing content and processes. We use a number of criteria, such as:
- Tone and voice
- Gap analysis
- Workflow analysis – identify any bottlenecks.
Fixing any problems
This can include:
- Establishing processes and standards
- Style guides, voice and tone, and terminology databases
- Developing an information model for the content
- Establishing the information architecture
- Defining the Information Types
- Defining the metadata and templates
- Identifying re-usable content
- Identifying the right tools
- Importing existing content into the new system
- Providing writers and editors to create any missing content
Train your team
If you want to improve your team’s skills, we can provide facilitated workshops or training courses (see Introduction to Content Strategy training course).
Workshops work well in getting everyone onboard. For example: their roles and responsibilities, and how to produce content. They can also help you get your project on track, and prioritise activities.
You can look at:
- Content planning
- Information design
- Users’ needs
- Project goals
- Best practices
CREATING API DOCUMENTS WITH WRITERS LOCATED IN DIFFERENT COUNTRIES
Cherryleaf helped a software company in Hungary create hundreds of API user guides. They can publish these as PDFs or online.
Before, they wrote the documents in Word. These took a long time to create, and were inconsistent. They now keep re-usable information in a single place. As a result, it is much easier and faster for them to create new documents. They can create customised manuals for customers, adapted to their bespoke configurations.
Want to discuss your situation, and explore how Cherryleaf can help you? You can tell us about your project, issues and goals. We’re here to help.