Our client develops software to control machinery remotely, and it is looking for a Senior Technical Author to join its documentation team. You’ll be using RoboHelp to develop online Help and user guides for its software.
From time to time, you’ll be advising your colleagues, where appropriate, in producing documents efficiently. You may also need to research and implement new and better ways to assist users through technical documentation.
For more details, see: #4180 Senior Technical Author, Worcestershire, Up to £43K
My article for tekom’s Intelligent Information blog on Artificial Intelligence and chatbots in technical communication has now been published. It is also available as a PDF on the Cherryleaf website.
Subscribers to Cherryleaf’s online courses can now take them using their iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, plus the Teachable iOS app.
Here’s how you can download the iOS app:
- Visit the Apple App Store on your compatible IOS device (requires iOS 9.3 or later).
- In the App Store, search for, “Teachable Online Courses”.
- Click the cloud icon to download the app on your device.
- After downloading, open the app.
- On the login screen, enter the email address and password associated with the student account you’d like to access. This is the same email address and password you use to log into our courses through the web browser on your computer.
- When you log in, you’ll see all the Cherryleaf school you’re account is associated with, along with the specific courses you’re enrolled in.
Below is an interview with David Farbey of the Institute of Scientific and Technical Communicators, where we discuss training, accreditation and CPD in technical communication.
- Becoming a technical communicator is different from becoming a lawyer, doctor, developer or an accountant in that, in the UK, there is no standard career path from school. How does that affect the profession and starting a career?
- What training, if any, do you need to be a technical communicator?
- The ISTC’s Professional Development and Recognition
- Certifying technical communicators
- The ISTC certified courses
- What does a undergraduate or post-graduate course offer someone?
- Where does CPD fit into this?
- What are we likely to see in the future with regards to training and certification?
See also: Cherryleaf’s ISTC accredited training course: https://www.cherryleaf.com/training/technical-author-basicinduction-training-course/
Here is a pdf document we’ve created – a primer on chatbots in technical communication. It is based on a post we’ll be publishing on tekom’s Intelligent Information blog:
In this podcast, we look at the job of a Technical Author/Technical Communicator, and how you can start your career.