Free content – articles, whitepapers and presentations on technical communication and content strategy
The Cherryleaf Podcast – on creating clearer and simpler information, technical writing, technical communication, and related topics.
Free video guide
- The changing nature of content (voice and tone)
- “If you’re not telling your story, someone else will do it for you” (Social Media and technical communication)
- The changing nature of content (whitepaper commissioned by Adobe)
- Towards an Agile authoring methodology (whitepaper commissioned by Adobe)
- “A Technical Communication User’s Hierarchy of Needs.” Intercom, January 2016
- Can we quit QWERTY?, Communicator, Autumn 2015.
- “The Emotion Factor in User Manuals: How to Use Affective Assistance to Create More Loyal Customers” Intercom Dec 2010/Jan 2011, and Communicator Winter 2010/11
- “What Every Business can learn from a Haynes Manual” STC Devil Mountain Views (East Bay Chapter of STC); November/December 2010
- “A Different Perspective on Measuring the Value of Technical Communication” Intercom; July/August 2009
- “How We Work with Technical Communicators” Technically Write (STC Lonestar Community); December 2008
- “The Death of the Technical Author?” Dateline Houston; January/February 2005
- “Help formats” The Communicator; Winter 2004
- “RoboHelp vs WebWorks” The Communicator; Spring 2004
- “Implementing single sourcing” The Communicator; Summer 2003
- “Single Sourcing” STC Forward; March 2003
- “Nine Trends in online user assistance” tekom newsletter; November 2003
- “Understanding single sourcing” The Communicator; Spring 2003
Videos and recordings of past webinars
- Cherryleaf YouTube channel
- The Lean User Guide – Applying Lean Principles in User Assistance (Hosted by Madcap Software)
- Affective Writing: Turning Technical Documentation into an Emotional Experience for the User (Hosted by Madcap Software)
Reports, quizzes and guides
- Do I need a Technical Author? decision making guide
- Do I need DITA? decision making guide
- Do I need to write a new policy? decision making guide
- Quiz – Test your knowledge of technical writing
- ROI on Technical Documentation and Single Sourcing calculators
Want to discuss your situation, and explore how Cherryleaf could help you? It's easy to contact us.
Here's the contact form.