Learn how to create content that helps users solve problems for themselves
Cherryleaf’s Technical Support writing skills course teaches Technical Support staff the key skills of writing content that helps users solve problems for themselves.
You’ll gain confidence you’re approaching each writing project in the right way, and creating content that follows best practice.
Who is this for?
- You are dissatisfied with the performance of their Knowledge Base articles, Help, tutorials and troubleshooting guides. The content isn’t engaging enough for people to read it instead of calling support.
- Lack of time – balancing document writing with support cases.
- Having trouble planning and structuring the content.
- Having to deal with content that overlaps, repeats or contradicts itself.
- No formal system in place to organise content.
- Needing to write more clearly.
- Matching the document content to a range of customers who all have similar, but slightly different, requirements.
What will I learn?
- How to communicate clearly, even if writing doesn’t come naturally
- How to save time and write in an efficient way
- Identifying the best type of format for your content
- Confidence in the work you produce
- Research and analysis
- Revising your work
- Writing for specific audiences
Depending on whether you choose a one or two day course, we’ll cover these topics:
- What is technical writing?
- What is its purpose?
- The writing process and publishing workflow
- Agile/Minimum Viable Product approaches to writing
- Writing when you have limited time available
- Planning your content
- Understanding what the user needs
- Information Design
- Language style and English grammar
- Writing for a global audience
- How to write and present different types of information
- Maintaining the content
- Using images and videos
- Creating e-learning content
- Reviewing and editing
Prerequisites - None
Duration and delivery format
We can provide this course as an onsite classroom course for teams in the UK and in other countries. It can be delivered as a one or two day course.
Course options and prices
One day onsite classroom course:
- 1st delegate – £1,000
- Each extra delegate – £150
For example, the price would be £1,450 for four delegates.
Prices exclude VAT and any travel/accommodation expenses for the trainer.
Contact us for more information
Use our training services contact form to tell us more.
If you can’t see the course you want, we may still be able to meet your needs.