Our business partner in France has a client looking to recruit a Technical Author. They are willing to train an already seasoned professional from another field (science or technology), if the person doesn’t have much technical writing experience.
This client is a leader in search engine technology and publishing software. They have a team that develops installation and configuration guides, getting started guides, tutorials, and training materials about their products.
They would consider someone at the start of their technical writing career. This is a position for someone who wants to take advantage of an opportunity to work in a company that is growing rapidly.
You will be responsible for writing educational content for users and end-user documentation. You will be writing in English.
You must have:
- Excellent written English skills, with the ability to explain technical information to a general audience
- Enough French to be able to communicate with your colleagues at work
- The ability to structure and present written communication to pre-defined standards
- An understanding of the documentation lifecycle
Ideally, you will have:
- A higher degree (Masters or Doctorate) in a science or technology-related field
- An interest in Information management technologies, such as Search Engines, automated language processing, and web portals in Linux and Mac environments
- Experience of working in a scientific or technical field
- An understanding of the principles of structured technical documentation
- The ability to manage multiple projects
You will be joining a team of content specialists in a salaried role, starting on a fixed term contract. The position is based in Provence, France, close to Aix-en-Provence.
You must be an EU citizen or hold a regular work permit for France.