#4510 Structured Content Product Evangelist, Côte d'Azur/Provence France, €50k-€70k
This client develops software for Technical Publications teams, and it looking for someone to promote and market their products. This would be a good opportunity for a Technical Author who is looking to move into marketing, or for a Product Marketing Manager who likes to promote structured documentation software.
The company is small and well-established, and is based in Provence, France.
They want to take an experienced Technical Author with structured authoring experience and train them to become a product marketing writer and evangelist for their structured authoring tool.
You will work as an ambassador for a new solution for structured authoring.
This will include:
- Demonstrating at events
- Engaging with online and offline communities
- Writing articles and other promotional content
You will also be involved in improving the UX of the product.
The company would assist in relocation and work visa sponsorship for UK citizens. It is also open, obviously, to EU citizens.
This an on-site position, but some remote work is possible.
You must have:
- Knowledge of structured writing (preferably DITA) and managing content
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain and teach
Ideally, you will have:
- Some SEO copywriting
- Product communication skills
- 3+ years experience in technical writing
We are working with our recruitment partner in France on vacancy. After initial screening, we will forwarding applications to them for them to progress further.
#4509 Senior Technical Author, Competitive salary, Manchester Airport/Cheshire
This is an opportunity to work for a very successful software company that is looking to revise and improve its user assistance. The company is a leader in software that enables organisations to check their web applications are secure.
You’ll be working in a team of Technical Authors who create end user documentation for a range of software products.
The company plans to improve its documentation so that more clients can solve their problems themselves. This will involve creating more task-based content, tutorials, “cookbooks”, and writing scripts for instructional videos. There will also be a need to create reference content.
You’ll be working in a semi-formal Agile development environment, where there are regular product releases. This means the work will include writing release notes, and working closely with the development team.
- Have a track record in technical documentation
- Have the skills expected for a good Technical Author
- Be able to produce clean and consistent HTML (from an authoring tool)
Ideally you will have:
- Experience of designing and structuring content
- A strong academic record
Salary and benefits
The client has not specified a salary, but it has a reputation for having good salaries. They also offer a share option scheme and other benefits.
#4508 Contract Editor/Technical Author, 3 1/2 months
We have had a request for an editor/writer with a strong background in IT to work on a large government bid. You will be working remotely (inside the UK), working within Microsoft Teams
Immediate start until 17 September with no holidays during end July/early August (as that will be a real pinch point). Rate circa £330/day.
You must have:
- Demonstrable experience writing in plain English
Ideally, you will have:
- Government editorial experience
- Finance expertise
- Security clearance
#4507 Technical Author, Bristol, £35K -£45K
The client has filled this role.
How to apply for a vacancy
- Send us an email.
- Tell us which vacancy you are applying for, and any other relevant information.
- Tell us about your right to work in the UK.
- Attach a copy of your CV via email (send it to recruit at cherryleaf.com). We will need a copy of your CV in Word format.
- We will confirm we’ve received your details, and review/process your application.