Our client is looking to recruit two contract Technical Authors/Documentations to work as part of its international documentation team.
They develop software that uses Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to manage and automate many of the activities carried out by IT Operations and DevOps teams in large organisations. This includes enabling teams to work collaboratively on managing incidents. The software is used by developers, which means the documentation is very technical in nature.
The documentation team is creating a repository of content that will be used across a range of outputs: Help pages, best practice guides, Knowledge Base articles, and tutorials. They are using a single-sourcing content management system to do this.
The contract will be for a period of three or six months. It is possible to work off-site, but you need to be close enough to their office in south west London to be able to attend face-to-face meetings when needed. Rate tba.
There is also the opportunity to become a permanent employee.
You must have:
- A proven track record in technical writing
- Experience of creating content for an IT Operations/technical audience
- Experience of using Linux (e.g. using the CLI; being able to execute and test shell commands that install and configure applications)
- Experience of documenting enterprise products (both on-premise and SaaS)
- The ability to work autonomously, with little supervision
- The ability follow an established writing style guide
- A good understanding of Service Orientated Architecture
Ideally, you will also have:
- Experience with containers or virtual environments (e.g. Docker, VMware, EC2, Azure)
- Some developer or support experience
- Experience of the issue trackers, IDE tools, and source control applications used by developers.