In this page
Develop your technical communication career and keep your skills up to date
This popular collection of courses has been designed to develop your technical writing skills and keep you on top of the latest techniques in technical communication.
Why attend this course?
Change is happening
From the outside, you might think that technical writing changes little over time. If you’re involved in technical communication, you’ll know that’s far from the case. You’re expected to adapt to new technologies, working practices, work more efficiently, and be able to manage ever more complicated projects.
It can be scary and exciting:
- Exciting because there are opportunities to lead and use your skills elsewhere in the organisation.
- Scary because you might get passed by if you don’t have the right skills or the confidence to show others you can do this type of work.
This course helps you build on your core technical writing skills.
Training at a price you can afford
Classroom training can be expensive, especially when you take a range of classes. Here, you get access to a collection of online courses in technical communication, under a low cost, month-by-month plan.
You’re not tied in – you can cancel when you want.
Who is this course for?
This course is for people who have some experience of technical writing, and who want to improve their skills.
Third party recommendations
This course is recommended by The Australian Society for Technical Communication and The Technical Communicators Association of New Zealand to their members. It’s a great way to maintain the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) required by technical communication societies.
What will I learn?
In this course, we’ll take you through a range of technical documentation topics. You’ll learn about:
- Creating API documentation and developer portal content
- DITA 1.2 fundamentals
- Managing software documentation projects
- Revising and editing content
- Structured writing fundamentals
- Writing more efficiently
- Creating screenshots and images
- Future trends
- Technical copywriting
- UI/UX writing
Topics covered - What's in the course bundle
Each course is self-contained, so you can to choose to take just a single course, if you wish.
The individual courses (apart from the Markdown course) are the equivalent of a one or a two day classroom course.
Certificates of completion (if you need them to meet Continuing Professional Development requirements) are available on request.
For API documentation and developer portal projects
For larger or more complex documentation projects
- DITA fundamentals
- Managing Software Documentation Projects
- Revising and Editing Content
- Structured Writing Fundamentals
For Software as a Service writing projects
Writing more efficiently
Creating screenshots and images
If you only want to take one course
If you are only interested in one or just a few courses, you can just take those. You can stop when you want, and the subscription will finish at the end of that month.
Each course comprises a series of modules, which you can complete at your own pace.
The course modules are delivered over the Web in small, manageable video presentations.
You can pause the videos at any time and return to the course at times that suit you.
These are full of practical examples and techniques you can use right away. You can download the course handouts as Word or PDF files.
You can preview some of the course modules.
As well as teaching technical communication, we also create end-user documentation, Help and UI text for clients. This means every course is based on practical experience of technical writing in today’s environment. The techniques you’ll learn on this course are the same ones used by our projects team.
You’ll find the price for our courses on our elearning platform:
Need to train your whole team?
If you have five or more people who you would like to take the course, we can offer a group booking option. Delegates get access for 12 months. Contact us for details.
Technical and billing information
- You will have access to the entire package (all courses and modules) from the moment you subscribe. It’s similar to the way Netflix works.
- You can pay by credit/debit cards or PayPal.
- You’re not tied in – you can cancel when you want.
- The courses are hosted and sold by via the Teachable platform. From a VAT perspective, they are the “Merchant of Record”, and receipts contain their VAT number.