Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone developing onboarding content who wants to:
- Learn how to onboard users in an effective and efficient way.
- See practical, real-world examples.
Cherryleaf’s elearning course on content for user onboarding gives you the foundations for onboarding new customers in an effective way.
The course includes onboarding exercises on a sample application for you to complete and review.
Onboarding new users is something that many organisations need to do, but very few have had any formal training in how to do it. Sometimes, the result is that the information can be unclear and not fit its purpose. Creating them can also take a lot of time, especially if they need to be changed frequently.
What will I learn?
- The different ways to guide users – and when to use them
- How to set your goals for onboarding
- Understanding and mapping the user journey
- How to prioritise the key onboarding actions
- How to write clearly, even if writing doesn’t come naturally
- Confidence in the work you produce
About the course
The course comprises 15 modules in total, which you can complete at your own pace.
The course modules are delivered via the Web in small, manageable modules. With the exercises, each delegate will need to allocate around seven hours to complete the course.
It is also available as a live virtual classroom one day course with a live trainer, for teams within organisations.
- What is onboarding?
- The different types of onboarding
- Why onboard?
- Why not onboard?
- About the project and exercises
- What is your goal?
- Who is your target audience?
- Information design and learning theory
- Designing for the key actions
- Onboarding paths
- Customer journey mapping
- Types of guidance
- Writing the content
- Software tools for creating and delivering the content
- Testing and measuring it works
- Maintenance and governance
- Action plan for your first 90 days
Use our training services contact form to tell us more.
If you can’t see the course you want, we may still be able to meet your needs.