Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone developing onboarding content who wants to:
- Learn how to onboard users in an effective and efficient way.
- See practical, real-world examples.
Coming soon: Cherryleaf’s elearning course on content for customer onboarding gives you the foundations for onboarding new users and staff in an effective way. The course includes exercises and model answers for the delegates to complete and review.
Onboarding new users is something that many organisations need to do, but very few have had any formal training in how to do it. Sometimes, the result is that the information can be unclear and not fit its purpose. Creating them can also take a lot of time, especially if they need to be changed frequently.
What will I learn?
- The different ways to guide users – and when to use them
- How to set your goals for onboarding
- Understanding and mapping the user journey
- How to prioritise the key onboarding actions
- How to write clearly, even if writing doesn’t come naturally
- Confidence in the work you produce
About the course
The course will comprise 15 modules in total, which you can complete at your own pace.
The course modules are delivered via the Web in small, manageable modules. With the exercises, each delegate will need to allocate around seven hours to complete the course.
It will also be available as a live virtual classroom course with a live trainer, for teams within organisations.
- What is onboarding?
- The different types of onboarding
- Why onboard?
- Why not onboard?
- About the project and exercises
- What is your goal?
- Who is your target audience?
- Information design and learning theory
- Designing for the key actions
- Customer journey mapping
- Types of guidance
- Writing the content
- Software tools for creating and delivering the content
- Testing and measuring it works
- Maintenance and governance
- Action plan for your first 90 days
The course is in development, so this is subject to change.
If you are interested in this course
Interested in this training course?
The course is currently in development, and we are maintaining a wait list for the pilot course. We’ll be sending out updates on the course and its release date to those interested.
To help us gain an initial understanding of your situation, please answer the questions in the contact form below.
Don’t worry if you don’t know the answers to all the questions.
We will contact you to discuss your situation and requirements.