HR focused exercises
The exercises in this course are based on some of the common policies and procedures that most HR departments need to write.
Learn how to create clear and effective HR policies and procedures
Cherryleaf’s Writing HR Policies and Procedures course teaches you how to write clear and effective policies and procedures for the HR/Personnel department, in a straightforward and efficient way.
Who is this for?
This course is for anyone involved in writing or editing HR-related policies and procedures. The course was originally developed for a local authority, and it is ideal for both private and public organisations.
- Diversity policies and procedures
- Anti-bribery policies and procedures
- Staff handbooks
- Payroll procedures
- Claiming travel, accommodation and other expenses
- Compassionate leave
- Maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Flexible working
- Holiday entitlement (annual leave)
- Disciplinary procedures
- Equal opportunities policies
- Health and safety
- New employees onboarding
It is for people who are:
- Having to deal with policies and procedures that overlap, repeat or contradict each other
- Dissatisfied with the performance of their policies and procedures
- Having trouble getting colleagues to understand the differences between policies, processes and procedures
- Wanting to write clearer policies and procedures
What do we mean by policy/process/procedure?
- What are policies, processes and procedures and why do you need them?
- Common HR-related policies, processes and procedures
What can help us write good policies and procedures?
Knowing your audience
Writing for different audiences (internal and external)
How much detail do they want/need?
What exactly do they need to know?
Outlining and planning the document
How to structure and organise the content to assist users in finding what they are looking for
When to write a policy
Writing the policies and procedures
- Topics and chunking
- Headings and labels
Using clear English
- What do we mean by clear English?
- How do we write in clear English?
- Words to avoid and their alternatives
How to structure a procedure
- Presenting different types of information
- Organising the content on a page/screen
- Using Microsoft Word
Duration and delivery format
This course is currently offered to your staff teams as a virtual classroom course, delivered over Microsoft Teams or Zoom. The course is split into two sessions of 3 hours each, delivered on different days.
Cherryleaf has experience in:
- Writing and editing HR-related policies and procedures documents for clients, and
- Teaching procedures writing skills to staff within organisations.
The prices for the group courses depend on the number of delegates taking them. If you have a rough idea of numbers, then we can put together a quotation for you.
Contact us for more information