The next course will be on 28/29 April 2021
Our next public course will be in delivered using Microsoft Teams.Go to the course enrolment page
Learn how to create clear and effective policies and procedures on our popular training course
When you’ve been given the task of writing policies and procedures, the content you create can affect whether staff in your organisation make mistakes or work efficiently.
They can even expose your business to the risk of fines or litigation.
Ask people responsible for writing policies and procedures, and many of them will say they’re worried they’re doing it in the best way.
That’s because, in many cases, they’ve not had any formal training in how to do this type of work.
Cherryleaf’s policies and procedures course teaches you how to write clear and effective policies and procedures, in a straightforward and efficient way.
Now delivered as a virtual classroom training course
Our next public course will be delivered using Microsoft Teams, in two three-hour sessions (0930-1230 UK time), on consecutive days (28/29 April)
We can also deliver this course as a virtual classroom course for teams within organisations.
Who is this for?
This course is for anyone involved in writing or editing policies and procedures, and who is:
- Having to deal with policies and procedures that overlap, repeat or contradict each other
- Dissatisfied with the performance of their policies and procedures
- Having trouble getting colleagues to understand the differences between policies, processes and procedures
- Having trouble convincing others of the value of policies and procedures
- Wanting to write clearer policies and procedures
Past delegates include staff from:
- Barrett Developments plc
- Calderdale College
- Nottingham Community Housing Association
- Rainbow Hub charity
- Shropshire Fire Service
- The Ace Schools Multi Academy Trust
- The Care Agency Gibraltar
- The General Optical Council
- The Nursing and Midwifery Council
- University of Southampton,
- Warwickshire Fire Service
- Worthing Homes
What will I learn?
- How to write clearly, even if writing doesn’t come naturally
- Confidence in the work you produce
- A simple framework to use for ensuring a consistent approach to your writing
What do we mean by policy, process, procedure, and guideline?
- What would you expect to see in each of these and what not to see.
- What are the characteristics of good policies/procedures?
Why do we need policies and procedures?
- Best Practice and Good Practice
- Benefits of policies and procedures
The characteristics of good policies and procedures
- Utility and usability
- How much detail?
- Audience analysis
The Information Design stage
- Outlining and planning the document.
- How to meet the needs of more than one audience (such as staff and auditors)
- How to structure and organise the content to assist users in finding what they are looking for
What content should you write?
Writing the topics
- Using clear English
How to write and present different types of information
- The importance of steps in a procedure
Organising the content in a page
- Page layout and how this can help users find what they are looking for.
- What are the best ways to publish your content?
Reviewing your work
- Steps involved in reviewing a document.
The writing process
Measuring if it works
Prerequisites - None
Cherryleaf has many years experience in writing and editing policies and procedures documents for clients such as Affidea, Almabani, Clearscore, NHS, Samaritans, and a number of rapidly growing software companies. We also have many years experience of teaching writing skills to technical writers and other staff within organisations.
Price and how to book
The price for the 28/29 April 2021 virtual classroom course is £299 ex VAT per delegate.
To book, click on the link below:
The price for a private course depend on the number of delegates taking them. If you have a rough idea of numbers, then we can put together a quotation for you.
Contact us for more information
Use our training services contact form to tell us more.
If you can’t see the course you want, we may still be able to meet your needs.