Registration is now open
Our next course will be held on Tuesday 29th October 2019 in central London (WC2R). Registration for the next public course is now open, and you can book your place on the course.
Spaces are limited, so it’s best to book early.How to book
Learn how to create clear and effective policies and procedures on our popular one day course
When you’ve been given the task of writing policies and procedures, the content you create can affect whether staff in your organisation make mistakes, work efficiently, and even expose your business to the risk of fines or litigation.
Ask people responsible for writing policies and procedures, and many of them will say they’re worried they’re doing it in the best way. That’s because, in many cases, they’ve not had any formal training in how to do this type of work.
Cherryleaf’s policies and procedures one day course teaches you how to write clear and effective policies and procedures, in a straightforward and efficient way. Let us share with you the best practices we’ve developed from writing policies and procedures for clients, and our 20+ years experience of teaching task-based writing, too.
Who is this for?
This course is for anyone involved in writing or editing policies and procedures, and who is:
- Having to deal with policies and procedures that overlap, repeat or contradict each other
- Dissatisfied with the performance of their policies and procedures
- Having trouble getting colleagues to understand the differences between policies, processes and procedures
- Having trouble convincing others of the value of policies and procedures
- Wanting to write clearer policies and procedures
Past delegates include staff from The Nursing and Midwifery Council, University of Southampton, The Care Agency Gibraltar, The Ace Schools Multi Academy Trust, Equiniti, Worthing Homes, Barrett Developments plc, and Warwickshire Fire Service.
What will I learn?
- How to write clearly, even if writing doesn’t come naturally
- Confidence in the work you produce
- A simple framework to use for ensuring a consistent approach to your writing
- Benefits of policies and procedures.
What do we mean by a policy, procedure and process?
- What is meant by a policy, a procedure and a process? What would you expect to see in each of these and what not to see.
- What are the characteristics of good policies/procedures?
Researching the product and audience
- Who is our audience? In what situation will they be reading this? What exactly do they need to know?
- How do we meet the needs of more than one audience (such as staff and auditors)?
- Outlining and planning the document.
- How to structure and organise the content to assist users in finding what they are looking for.
Writing the topics
- Using plain English – what do we mean by this? Description and examples of plain English.
How to present different types of information
- Page layout and how this can help users find what they are looking for.
- The importance of steps in a procedure.
- Steps involved in reviewing a document.
- What are the best ways to publish your content?
Prerequisites - None
Cherryleaf has many years experience in writing and editing policies and procedures documents for clients such as Affidea, Almabani, Clearscore, NHS, Samaritans, and a number of rapidly growing software companies. We also have many years experience of teaching writing skills to technical writers and other staff within organisations.
- The cost of the course is £335 ex VAT per delegate.
- Our next course will be held on Tuesday 29th October 2019.
- Contact us for the next course date.
- The training room is in central London (WC2R), close to the Strand and Waterloo Bridge.
- The course starts at 9.30am and ends around 4.00pm-4.30pm.
- Places are limited to a maximum of 8 delegates.
How to book
To book your place on the next course (Tuesday 29th October 2019), click on the “Book and Pay by Card” button below:
Payment is secure and safe, through Stripe. Your credit card statement will show an entry entitled “CHERRYLEAF TRAINING”.
We’ll send you an email confirming your booking.
As an additional option related to the course, we can take one of your procedures or processes, and improve it by applying the techniques covered in the course. The cost is typically £200-£400 ex VAT, depending on the length of the procedure. Send us a copy of the procedure by email, and we will send you a quotation for you to consider.
Onsite courses and workshops
We can provide this course as an onsite classroom course for teams in the UK and in other countries.
This option is ideal for teams involved in writing or editing policies and procedures, and who are:
- Having to deal with large and complex sets of policies and procedures.
- Working with more than one writer.
- Needing to meet the needs of multiple regulatory bodies.
- Writing for more than one audience.
- Wanting to write clearer policies and procedures.
Contact us for more information
Use our training services contact form to tell us more.
If you can’t see the course you want, we may still be able to meet your needs.