Improve your developers’ User Interface writing skills
You’ll have access to a framework and templates to help you with your writing. You’ll also have the opportunity to practice and review your work.
Cherryleaf’s UI Writing for Developers training course teaches developers the key skills of UI (User Interface) writing. This enables you to create content that helps users solve problems for themselves. In this course, we’ll take you through the process of creating UI content.
Who is this for?
This course is for anyone involved in software development and needs to write UI content for end users, especially if they:
- Want to communicate more clearly and effectively
- Want to know how little, or how much, they should write
- Struggle with planning their writing
What will I learn?
- How to communicate clearly, even if writing doesn’t come naturally
- Understanding how much detail to include.
- How to save time and write in an efficient way
- Identifying the best type of format for your content
- Confidence in the work you produce
- Understanding your audience
- Revising your work
- Writing for specific audiences
What a UI/UX Writer actually writes
UI writing versus other types of writing
Writing clear, concise English
Writing short sentences
Making content scannable
- Editing and proofreading
Tone and Voice
Defining a brand or product’s personality through words
How tone and voice influence writing style
Adapting the tone to the user experience
Planning and strategy
Defining styles and content patterns
When to display UI and UX content
Being consistent in your terminology
Writing content for UI components
Best practices for component writing
Writing user actions—dialog screens, CTAs, and buttons
Popular tools you can use
Creating reusable content
The authoring workflow
- The double diamond workflow
Measuring and Testing
Usability testing for UX writing
- Red/Green pen
- Prose testing
Listening to your customers
Duration and delivery format
Coming soon – this course is in development.
This course is currently offered to Support teams as a virtual classroom course, delivered over Microsoft Teams or Zoom. The course is split into two sessions of 3 hours each, delivered on different days.
The prices for the group courses depend on the number of delegates taking them. If you have a rough idea of numbers, then we can put together a quotation for you.
Contact us for more information