A framework for your leadership communication
You’ll get a framework for planning and structuring how you communicate and what you write. You’ll also have the opportunity to practice and review your work.
Communication is a vital part of leadership. When it’s done well, it can inspire a team and get them all working towards the common goal. When it’s done badly, it can result in anxiety and arguments, as well as poor performance.
There are a number of courses on leadership and communication. However, they often don’t cover the writing element in communication. Written content is a vital part of leadership. It’s the most common way to manage – direct and control – individuals and teams.
In this course, you’ll learn how to be a better leader and communicator. You’ll improve your skills in the three main areas: speaking, writing, and presenting numerical data.
Who is this course for?
This course is for directors, managers and other leaders who are struggling to be understood, or want to be better communicators.
What will I learn?
- How to communicate clearly, even if writing doesn’t come naturally
- Ways to improve your writing
- How to save time and write in an efficient way
- How to create more effective presentations
You’ll have access to a framework and templates to help you with your writing, and build confidence in the work you produce.
Adapting your communication style to the maturity of the business and its processes
- Decision-making frameworks
- Communication theory
- Listening as well as speaking
- What to say and what to do when there is no information to give
- Having consistency and alignment across the company
Finding and using your authentic voice
- The importance of consistency (over time and across different groups)
- When and how to be vulnerable
- How to be candid, and how candid to be
- How to deliver bad news
- Identifying the audience
- Planning the document and organising your thoughts
- Creating skeleton documents
- How to present different types of information
- Advice on English grammar
- Presenting data and using images
- Reviewing and editing
Writing policies, processes and procedures
- Structuring and outlining
- How to write policies
- How to write processes
- How to write procedures, tasks and instructions
- Communicating to different audiences
- Sustaining policies and procedures
Creating effective presentations
- How to communicate using slides
- Avoiding information overload
The elearning course is currently closed to new students.
However, you can be the first to know when we re-open:
Contact us for more information
Use our training services contact form to tell us more.
If you can’t see the course you want, we may still be able to meet your needs.