Who is this course for?
- Need a solid understanding of the fundamentals of technical writing
- Want to communicate more clearly and effectively
- Want to know how little, or how much, they should write
- Want people to answer their own Support questions
What will I learn?
- How to communicate clearly, even if writing doesn’t come naturally
- How to save time and write in an efficient way
- Identifying the best type of format for your content
- Confidence in the work you produce
- Document Project management
- Research and analysis
- Revising your work
- Writing for specific audiences
The course is organised around the technical documentation process, describing:
- The documentation process
- How to work more efficiently.
- How to write and design your information in a structured, useful and usable way.
- Writing skills and proper use of English.
- Getting customers to answer their own Support questions.
- The purpose of technical documentation
- What is technical writing?
- Overview of the writing process
- Planning your content – traditional way
- Planning your content in an Agile environment
- Researching the product and users
- Information Design
- Language style and English grammar
- Writing for a global audience
- How to write and present different types of information.
- Using images and videos
- Writing embedded Help and microcopy
- Reviewing and editing
Ask a Technical Author
Duration and delivery format
How much does it cost?
How to order
Free sample module
On site courses
Contact us for more information
Use our training services contact form to tell us more.
If you can’t see the course you want, we may still be able to meet your needs.