Cherryleaf’s online Writing Skills for Developers course teaches software developers writing skills. This includes how to write content for end users.
Who is this course for?
This course is for developers who:
- Need a solid understanding of the fundamentals of technical writing
- Want to communicate more clearly and effectively
- Spend too much time on writing
- Want people to answer their own Support questions
Self-assessment or reviewed/certificate option
You have the option of self-assessment or reviewed assessments. The reviewed option comes with a certificate at the end of the course.
What will I learn?
- How to communicate clearly, even if writing doesn’t come naturally
- How to save time and write in an efficient way
- Identifying the best type of format for your content
- Confidence in the work you produce
- Project management
- Research and analysis
- Revising your work
- Writing for specific audiences
The course is organised around the technical documentation process, describing:
- The entire documentation process—planning, writing, editing, indexing, and production.
- How to work more efficiently.
- How to write and design your information in a structured, useful and usable way.
- The development of writing skills and proper use of English.
- Getting customers to answer their own Support questions.
- The purpose of technical documentation
- The different models for technical documentation
- Adopting a user-centred design approach
- Overview of the writing process
- Planning your content
- Researching the product and audience
- The Information Design stage
- Software tools
- Writing the topics – Overview
- Writing the topics – How to write and present different types of information.
Dialog UI text
- Writing the topics – Using images and videos
- Writing the topics – Metadata
- Reviewing and editing
Duration and delivery format
The course modules are delivered over the Web in small, manageable video presentations. The course handouts and exercises are downloadable as Word or PDF files.
On site courses
We can deliver this course as a classroom course for teams.
Contact us for more information
Use our training services contact form to tell us more.
If you can’t see the course you want, we may still be able to meet your needs.