Discover how to create clear and effective policies and procedures
Many people responsible for writing policies and procedures feel they’re not working in the best way. The reason for this is often because they’ve had no formal training in how to do this.Cherryleaf’s policies and procedures course teaches your staff how to write clear and effective policies and procedures, in a straightforward and efficient way.
It’s popular with staff from the private sector, public bodies, charities, housing associations, and the care sector. If the policies and procedures are not up-to-date, they fear their company is at risk from making mistakes, inefficiencies, and litigation. They also worry it will get harder to manage the content – unless they learn the skills they need.
Are you interested in the date of the next public course?
We will be announcing the date for the next public policies and procedures course, and opening up registration, in the upcoming weeks. You can be the first to know by joining the waitlist. Add your best email address below, and we’ll contact you when it’s announced:
Comments from delegates
Who is this for?
This course is for anyone involved in writing or editing policies and procedures, and who is:
- Having to deal with policies and procedures that overlap, repeat or contradict each other
- Dissatisfied with the performance of their policies and procedures
- Having trouble getting colleagues to understand the differences between policies, processes and procedures
- Having trouble convincing others of the value of policies and procedures
- Wanting to write clearer policies and procedures
What will I learn?
- How to write clearly, even if writing doesn’t come naturally
- Confidence in the work you produce
- A simple framework to use for ensuring a consistent approach to your writing
- Benefits of policies and procedures.
What do we mean by a policy, procedure and process?
- What is meant by a policy, a procedure and a process? What would you expect to see in each of these and what not to see.
- What are the characteristics of good policies/procedures?
Researching the product and audience
- Who is our audience? In what situation will they be reading this? What exactly do they need to know?
- How do we meet the needs of more than one audience (such as staff and auditors)?
- Outlining and planning the document.
- How to structure and organise the content to assist users in finding what they are looking for.
Writing the topics
- Using plain English – what do we mean by this? Description and examples of plain English.
How to present different types of information
- Page layout and how this can help users find what they are looking for.
- The importance of steps in a procedure.
- Steps involved in reviewing a document.
- What are the best ways to publish your content?
How to book
- The classroom courses start at 9.30am and end around 4.00pm-4.30pm.
- Places are limited to a maximum of 8 delegates.
- The cost of the course is £335 ex VAT per delegate.
Payment is secure and safe, through Stripe. Your Credit Card Statement will show an entry entitled “CHERRYLEAF TRAINING”.
As an additional option related to the course, we can take one of your procedures or processes, and improve it by applying the techniques covered in the course. The cost is typically £200-£400 ex VAT, depending on the length of the procedure. Send us a copy of the procedure by email, and we will send you a quotation for you to consider.
Onsite courses and workshops
We can provide this course as an onsite classroom course for teams in the UK and in other countries.
This option is ideal for teams involved in writing or editing policies and procedures, and who are:
- Having to deal with large and complex sets of policies and procedures.
- Working with more than one writer.
- Needing to meet the needs of multiple regulatory bodies.
- Writing for more than one audience.
- Wanting to write clearer policies and procedures.
Contact us for more information
If you can’t see the course you want, we may still be able to meet your needs.
You can use our training services contact form to tell us more.