Discover how to create clear and effective policies and procedures.
Cherryleaf’s policies and procedures course teaches your staff how to write clear and effective policies and procedures, in a straightforward and efficient way. It is popular with staff from charities and the NHS, although it will benefit many writers of policies and procedures.
Our next public course will be on the 6th March 2017.
Who is this for?
This course is for anyone involved in writing or editing policies and procedures, and who is:
- Having to deal with policies and procedures that overlap, repeat or contradict each other
- Dissatisfied with the performance of their policies and procedures
- Having trouble getting colleagues to understand the differences between policies, processes and procedures
- Having trouble convincing others of the value of policies and procedures
- Wanting to create better, more effective, documents
What will I learn?
- How to write clearly, even if writing doesn’t come naturally
- Confidence in the work you produce
- A simple framework to use for ensuring a consistent approach to your writing
- Benefits of policies and procedures.
What do we mean by a policy, procedure and process?
- What is meant by a policy, a procedure and a process? What would you expect to see in each of these and what not to see.
- What are the characteristics of good policies/procedures?
Researching the product and audience
- Who is our audience? In what situation will they be reading this? What exactly do they need to know?
- How do we meet the needs of more than one audience (such as staff and auditors)?
- Outlining and planning the document.
- How to structure and organise the content to assist users in finding what they are looking for.
Writing the topics
- Using plain English – what do we mean by this? Description and examples of plain English.
How to present different types of information
- Page layout and how this can help users find what they are looking for.
- The importance of steps in a procedure.
- Steps involved in reviewing a document.
- Which are the best mediums for publishing procedures?
Our next public course will be held on the 6th March 2017 at our training centre in central London (WC2). Places are limited to a maximum of 8 delegates.
The cost of the course is £335 ex VAT per delegate. You can pay using credit card or debit card. We now accept payment by American Express. Your Credit Card Statement will show an entry entitled “Cherryleaf”.
WANT TO PAY IN US $, EUROS OR ANOTHER CURRENCY?
Your credit card company will pay us in £ and convert that amount to your local currency. This means the converted amount appears in your local currency on your credit card bill.
As a rough guide to how much you’ll pay ex VAT in your local currency, you’ll find the current rates from Yahoo Finance below:
416.94 USD / 393.39 EUR
Cherryleaf has many years experience in writing and editing policies and procedures documents for clients such as Affidea, Almabani, Clearscore, NHS, Samaritans, and a number of rapidly growing software companies. We also have many years experience of teaching writing skills to technical writers and other staff within organisations.
Based outside of the UK?
Private, single company, courses are also available - delivered live over the Web from our studio, or at your premises.
Contact Cherryleaf for more details.
This course is also available as an onsite classroom course for teams, with the option of modifying it to suit your requirements.
If you'd like more information about Cherryleaf's training courses, including options for courses for groups in a single organisation, contact us.
Here is our Training services contact form.
If you can’t see the course you want, we may still be able to meet your needs.