Below is an interview with David Farbey of the Institute of Scientific and Technical Communicators, where we discuss training, accreditation and CPD in technical communication.
- Becoming a technical communicator is different from becoming a lawyer, doctor, developer or an accountant in that, in the UK, there is no standard career path from school. How does that affect the profession and starting a career?
- What training, if any, do you need to be a technical communicator?
- The ISTC’s Professional Development and Recognition
- Certifying technical communicators
- The ISTC certified courses
- What does a undergraduate or post-graduate course offer someone?
- Where does CPD fit into this?
- What are we likely to see in the future with regards to training and certification?
See also: Cherryleaf’s ISTC accredited training course: https://www.cherryleaf.com/training/technical-author-basicinduction-training-course/
Leave a Reply